Signs and Symptoms of TM Disorders
TM disorders have many signs and symptoms. Some of the most common ones include the following:
- Pain in or around the ear, sometimes spreading to the face.
- Tenderness of the jaw muscles
- Clicking or popping noise when one opens or closes mouth.
- Difficulty in the opening one's mouth.
- Jaws that "get stuck," "lock," or "go out."
- Pain brought on by yawning, chewing, or opening the mouth widely.
- Certain types of headaches or neckaches.
Dr. Levy has helped many patients improve their TMJ symptoms through orthodontic treatment to improve their bite. He also provides occlusal splint or nightgaurd therapy for his patients as well.